Sunday, December 30, 2007

Introducing John Paton






Hello to all of my friends and family! I would just like to tell you all that I was born at 8:23 am yesterday (12-29). I didn't make things easy for my mommy though, I was 21 inches tall and I weighed in at 10 pounds and 14 ounces!!! I'm the biggest baby in the whole hospital! But because I was so big my mom had to have a c-section. She is still recovering. Sorry Mom!

I spend most of my time sleeping and eating and being held by everyone. But I think that night time is the best time to play because it isn't as bright out so I can open my eyes up a little bit. That means that mom and dad are pretty tired today. But they told me that they still love me tons and tons (I don't know what the means though).

I would have put these pictures out yesterday, but mommy wouldn't let me near a computer. She thought I was too young. But now at 1 day old clearly I'm old enough. I'm excited to meet you all.

9 comments:

Rick, Jennifer, Nikole & Reilly said...

John is such a cutie! We love his blog. Welcome to the world, John! We love your blog...and you, too. Great job Mommy & Daddy Haberkorn!
Love to all...

Mike said...

WOW !!! John - you are one big baby!!! And yes, cute, too!

Todd & Val - CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting is this?! A beautiful baby boy! God is good, isn't He? Rest up, Val, and take it easy. Much love to all 3 of you. -- Mike & Connie

Haberkorn Fam said...

I love the chubs! We need a little more of that on the Haberkorn side!

Phil & Sarah said...

What a beautiful baby! I can't wait to meet him in person one day...Adalyn would love to play with him I'm sure! We love you all,
Sarah, Phil and Adalyn

Anonymous said...

Hey John! I'm just a couple days younger than you cause I was born 12/31. I'm 8 pounds 13 ounces, and everyone thinks I'm big, but they should see you!! My dad says we are going to be buds, so I hope we meet soon. Until then, peace out, ma brutha. (When I see you we'll work on our secret handshake)
-Elijah Owens, in St. Paul

House of Chang said...

Welcome to the world, little Haberkorn!! Our mommy can sympathize with yours - we were 10 lbs. 13 oz. (combined) when we arrived. We hope you enjoy this world as much as we do - it just keeps getting better and better!! Love,
Jonathan and Josiah

p.s. Apparently this was the week for healthy babies...we had a friend born the day after you and he weighed in at 9 lbs. and was 23.5 inches long...almost 2 feet already!!

McNutt Clan said...

Congrats Todd & Val - he is a handsome boy and healthy - it's like you gave birth to a toddler! Thank God it was a c-section! I am glad to hear you are all doing well we will continue to pray for all of you to stay healthy, grow strong and stay sane!

-Christine McNutt

Eric and Renee said...

Val,
I got your blog spot from Jess, so I thought I'd say hello. Congrats on the birth of your first boy. I was excited to see you! Wow, you just glow as a pregnant mama and look great in all the pics after the c-section too. Hope all goes well, take it easy, I had two c-sections, and it's kind of a long recovery process! Hang in there, and don't overexert yourself. It's not worth it. Just take it easy!
Love, Renee and boys

lonedell pals said...

What an adorable baby! Make sure you bring him by for a personal visit! We hope you enjoy each and every day! We told you being a mommy is the best thing in the world! Try to get lots of rest and you ALL look GREAT! From Tonya D, Tonya L and Crystal M